When it comes to the scorching summer heat, there’s nothing more frustrating than an air conditioning unit running but failing to cool your home. As the trusted experts in the HVAC industry, American Family Heating and Air Conditioning are here to shed light on this common issue and provide you with the solutions you need.
We pride ourselves on delivering emergency AC repair in Elgin, IL, that restore comfort to your home. Let’s explore some of the reasons why your AC might be running but not cooling.
Troubleshooting Tips for an AC That's Running but Not Cooling
- Clogged Air Filters: A clogged air filter is one of the most common culprits for an AC unit that’s running but not cooling. Over time, dust, dirt, and debris can accumulate in the filter, obstructing the airflow and reducing the unit’s cooling efficiency. We recommend checking and changing your air filters regularly, as neglecting this simple maintenance task can lead to various AC problems.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is the lifeblood of your air conditioning system, responsible for cooling the air before circulating throughout your home. If your AC unit is low on refrigerant due to a leak, it will struggle to cool the air effectively. Detecting refrigerant leaks requires the expertise of a professional technician, as it involves specialized equipment and knowledge. Our skilled technicians can accurately diagnose and provide the best AC repair in Elgin, IL, ensuring your air conditioner returns to peak performance.
- Dirty Evaporator Coil: The evaporator coil is responsible for absorbing heat from the air in your home, allowing the cooled air to be circulated back into the living spaces. However, over time, the coil can accumulate dust and grime, hindering its ability to absorb heat efficiently. It can result in reduced cooling capacity or even a complete failure to cool the air. Our expert technicians have the tools and expertise to clean the evaporator coil effectively, restoring its functionality and optimizing your AC’s cooling performance.
- Faulty Condenser: The condenser unit outside your home plays a crucial role in releasing the heat absorbed by the evaporator coil. If the condenser is not functioning correctly, it can impact the cooling process and prevent your AC from delivering cool air. Issues such as a faulty fan motor, a blocked condenser coil, or electrical problems can all contribute to a malfunctioning condenser. Our skilled professionals will diagnose the problem accurately and carry out the necessary repairs to get your AC back up and running efficiently.
- Improper Sizing or Installation: An AC unit may sometimes not cool effectively due to improper sizing or faulty installation. If the unit is too small for the space it needs to cool, it will struggle to maintain the desired temperature. Similarly, incorrect installation can lead to poor airflow and insufficient cooling capacity. At American Family Heating and Air Conditioning, we specialize in AC Installation in Elgin, IL, and surrounding areas ensuring your air conditioner is sized and installed correctly for maximum efficiency.
Let American Family Heating and Air Conditioning Restore Comfort!
When your air conditioning unit is running but not cooling, it’s essential to address the issue promptly to restore comfort to your home. Understanding the common causes behind this problem allows you to make informed decisions and seek professional help when necessary. At American Family Heating and Air Conditioning, we have a team of skilled technicians ready to diagnose and resolve any AC issues you may be facing.
Don’t suffer through another sweltering day – contact American Family Heating and Air Conditioning today! With our emergency AC repair services, and the surrounding areas, we’ll help you when you need it most.